Xbox Series X is a battle horse and a must-have purchase, but you can expect

Neverwinter Xbox Series X Gameplay Review [Free to Play]

It's been almost a month since I have this Xbox Series X in my possession. It's fantastic. Everything works exactly like Microsoft has announced it. It is a powerful machine of machine that offers incredible loading times, fluid game experiences and features I love. Aside from some minor bugs that have (or will be) corrected, I have no major problem with the last new generation console of Microsoft. The X series undoubtedly represents a significant leap. But do you need to buy it now? No really not.

This boils down to the games available at launch. The Xbox Series X is missing in this department. There are no unavoidable exclusives available from the start. Of course, there are several games that have been optimized for the X series at launch. Hundreds of retro-compatible games will also be available from the first day. You can play all your Xbox library on your Series X. Your games will work better and will take care more quickly. However, if you did not get a pre-order X series, do not worry, you do not really need this new generation console for the moment. You can expect because the X series will not start to hit your rhythm before a while. Not to mention that all the games you want to play this winter are (or will be) available on the systems of the current generation.

That said, if you got a pre-order and put your hand on an Xbox Series X before Christmas, you can be quiet. The Xbox Series X is great and it is capable of things that no other console in history is able to do. You will not regret your purchase. At all.

I must say that this feeling I opened the box of a whole new console is something special. It's a great feeling. The X series was not different. It is packaged super sexy. Everything is clean, ordered and easy to find. Naturally, the X series comes with the new Xbox controller, the power cord, the HDMI cable, the controller batteries, and some quick configuration guides.

The console itself is impressive. Much heavier than expected, but it sounds like expensive material. Of course, many have criticized his appearance, but that does not bother me. It melts perfectly in the rest of the consoles and the black equipment I have in my playroom.

I have the console posed horizontally, which seems a little strange because I can not remove the support. It certainly seems that Microsoft has wanted users to hold it vertically. This looks better standing in my opinion, but given the layout of my home theater, put horizontally the X series was my only option. That said, it's a little pity that I can not remove this support. It may have been an oversight. Maybe no. I just do not know.

The X series is also a bit of a fingerprint magnet. It may be just my greasy mittens, but they seem to attract fingerprints and dust quite easily. It's quite difficult and more a little boredom because I hardly handle the console while I connect capture material every day and that I test it on various TVs.

I like the controller included. Yet after talking with my Paul man who is currently looking at PS5, the Dualsense Haptic return is apparently a change of play. He can not stop talking about it. I am not convinced that the X-series controller changes it in any way. It does not offer this haptic return of the dualsense, but it vibrates, sometimes a little too much. And a little too intense. By playing Tetris Effect: Connected, I found myself cutting the vibrations of the controller. It was too strong and too noisy.

That said, the X-series controller is solid as the rock and a step forward with respect to the basic current generation controllers. I like the new D-Pad and the textures of the handles feel good. While the dualsense is an important leap for PlayStation fans, the X-series controller looks more like incremental improvement.

The X-series controller tends to quickly burn the batteries. Less than two weeks later, I had to replace them. It may have been a set of defective batteries out of the box, but I was surprised they died so quickly. It's been a few weeks since I replaced them and the new ones are not yet dead. So I'm optimistic that the X-series controller is not a battery pig. Anyway, it's an area that I closely monitors in the future.

Console configuration was a breeze. Well, for the most part, that was the case. The Xbox revision equipment encouraged us to use the mobile application to configure things. But when the application has been downloaded to my phone, the code on my TV screen I was supposed to enter the application had disappeared and the X series started throwing the configuration via the console. Do not be able to use the application was a little disappointing; However, the configuration via the console has unfold smoothly.

Xbox was kind enough to provide us with a Seagate 1 TO storage expansion card that is specifically compatible with Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S. This card works with Xbox Velocity architecture and this is seen. I managed to move 100 GB of internal SSD games to the external hard disk in less than 2 minutes. You will probably not need this card right now because the X series has an internal NVME SSD of 1 to. Yet, when I read things like the new Call of Duty game could (in the next year ) Occupy nearly 300 GB of hard disk space, you may need this card sooner than you think. What stinks, because it is a little dear cuff.

Before entering some of my game experiences, I will briefly address the heating problem that has gained popularity a few weeks ago. With ventilation mouths at the top of the console, most of the heat accumulates near the surface. The base of the X series remains cool. He does not heat at home. Of course, he heats up by the upper vent, but many heat problems have been exaggerated.

While the Xbox Series X dashboard is widely identical, scrolling in the menu is very fast. It's really fantastic. I did not know any delay, no offset and everything was incredibly responsive. It is difficult to return to my current generation consoles after tracing the X Series user interface. Navigate from the store, to the game and application menu and the settings is great.

It's not that surprising. The Xbox Series X is the most powerful console ever designed. The new chip system (SOC) has been designed from zero with speed and performance in mind. With 12 teraflops of processing power, the games of the last four generations work better. The X series games are loaded faster than any current generation console on the market. The games on hard disk like Final Fantasy XV and Gears 5 are loaded in seconds. Even the game Madden NFL 21 Notoriously slow loads in two times less time on the Xbox One X.

If the speed of the processor and the fast loading times were not sufficient, the quick recovery function changes the game. The fast recovery function allows you to continue multiple games from a suspended state almost instantly. It allows you to come back where you were and what you were doing, without waiting through long loading screens. And it works wonderfully. See for yourself in the video below.

As a person who always seems to have some games moving, it's wonderful to make trips back between games without much delay. A few times, it did not work or returned to the main menu. Yet, most often, it worked without a hitch and I am told that all the problems with Quick Resume are being resolved at the time of writing.

In the last month, I played Xbox 360 games, Xbox One and Xbox One X on the X series. I also played optimized games for the X series like Dirt 5, Yakuza: Like a dragon and Gears 5. I have tested and played many more than 20 games and I am pleased to announce that in each case, games are experiencing improvements in terms of performance, an improvement in loading times, frequencies of stable images and higher resolutions. And they all look great. Not once I had any hiccup with respect to performance.

Even games like Hitman and Final Fantasy XV, who do not have the reputation of working properly on the current generation systems, operate at 60 frames per second. The power of the X-series processor shines with some of these old games that operate on the consoles of the current generation.

When a game takes place, the X series is as quiet as a mouse. The fan is very silent. Compared to my OG Xbox One that sometimes looks like a reaction engine, the X series is almost silent. I can hardly hear it. Even when running a large game of 100 concerts like Modern Warfare, the X series is remarkably silent.

My only reproach with regard to noise is the disk drive. It's rather noisy. It is not as bad as some of the current generation systems, but given the silence of everything else with the X series, I was surprised that the disc player makes a lot of noise. I do not think it's preventable, but deserves to be mentioned because people seem obsessed with the noise that a new console does. I must also mention that the Xbox Series X can run game disks from the Xbox, Xbox 360 and the original Xbox One. This type of upward compatibility support is excellent, even if you do not intend to play some of these old games.

Just like previous generations, you can play DVDs, Blu-ray disks and Ultra HD Blu-ray disks on X Series. All you have to do is download the Blu-ray Player application from The Store app and you are ready to leave. I threw my Planet Earth Ultra HD disc that I had placed around the dust and it looked incredible. The details and image quality were absolutely superb.

The power of the Xbox Series X is highlighted from the moment you turn on the console for the first time. The X series looks like a significant leap forward that should withstand the test of time. It's an excellent investment. I can not wait to see how developers will eventually take advantage of this impressive material. Of course, the launch range is somewhat dull and you really do not need to rush you to catch one at launch. But if you are part of lucky people who have managed to get an Xbox Series X, you will not be disappointed.

Comments